Astute Business Coaching
Website Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Astute Business Coaching and affiliates, Brian Duckworth and Geelong Business Services Pty Ltd. These terms and conditions also refer and are binding to this website and all of our seminars, events, keynote addresses, books, audio programs and DVD programs, emails, email and electronic delivery of any information, teleconferences or delivery of information by phone or fax, accessing information or browsing any of our websites or any endeavour that we are engaged in that delivers any information. The word “website” or “site” refers to all of the above forms of information delivery. Your access to and use of all content on this website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
We reserve the right to prevent you using this website at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
1. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
2. You are permitted to use this information for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
3. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
4. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatagging or mirroring of our website.
1. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
2. Linking our website is not permitted without our expressed permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
2. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
1. The information we provide on this website is of a general nature only. We are not providing professional advice and you should obtain professional or specialist advice that is appropriate to your circumstances including and we give no warranty and accept no liability should you use the information without obtaining independent advice from professionals including accountants and lawyers. You also agree to do your own due diligence and apply your own consideration and research before using any of the information. We are not engaged in giving legal, accounting or professional advice.
2. We give no warranty that the information is free from error or omission and you should use your own care and skill when accessing and using it. We give no warranty that the information is up to date or complete and you agree that you use this website and the information at your own risk. All web sites, information, products and services are provided, as is, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No oral or written information or advice given by us shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty, and you may not rely on such information or advice to do so.
3. The testimonials, Case Studies, endorsements or income statements and examples on this website do not represent any guarantee that you can or will get the same results. You understand that all business ventures run the risk of loss of income and capital. We make no guarantees that you will succeed or make any money from following our advice or by reading any of the information or doing any of our programs or products whether that information is by seminars, teleconferences, DVD or audio recording or any means whatsoever. You agree that you freely choose to risk any money or capital that you spend with us on applying these principles, concepts or information while using any of our services. We do not guarantee that you will succeed in any business. We or our affiliates are not responsible for the success or failure of your personal life or any business venture. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
4. We take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
5. You agree that you will not use any of our information to engage in any illegal activity or deceptive or unfair marketing practices of any kind or any practices that may breach Australian consumer law or the laws of the country of your business practice. We will not be held accountable for any breach of these laws or any other laws.
6. If we give any examples of income statements or possible earnings these are only estimates, we make no guarantees whatsoever that you can earn this amount and you completely accept the risk of not making any money or not making as much as any estimates. We do not offer or guarantee that you will obtain the same results as we cannot know your complete background or your motivation.
7. THESE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ALL OF OUR EVENTS AND INFORMATION. BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
8. If you give any submissions to us you give us the right to a worldwide royalty free access of this information and the ability to reproduce this information by any means we may wish to use and you agree that you will receive no payments of any kind.
9. Our entire liability regarding customer remedy or satisfaction, to you the person who purchased this information or products or program, shall be a refund of the price paid or replacement of our products, at our option. We limit replacement to thirty one days. All refunds and remedies are limited to Australia.
10. If you have a password to access any part of this site this is for your private use only and you agree not to give this password to any other person or willingly allow any person the use of this password nor allow any other person to access this site without our authorization. We reserve the right to terminate your membership if we believe you have violated this provision.
Limitation of Liability
To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition will not be greater than the amount you paid to access our website.
By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website. You cannot access this website if you are under 18 (eighteen) years of age and refuse anyone entry who is below this age.
1. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Victoria and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts on either a Federal or State level.
2. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Astute Business Coaching and Geelong Business Services Pty Ltd understands and shares your interest and concern about how your personal information is collected, used and shared and we are committed to comply with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment Act 2000 and consistent with the National Privacy Principles as amended in September 2001 in relation to all privacy issues in connection with the use of this web site. We wish to protect the privacy of users of this web site.
We undertake to take all due care with any information including comments which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT YOU AGREE TO HOLD US HARMLESS AND WAIVE ANY RIGHT FROM ANY CLAIMS OR COMPENSATION. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY CHANGE OR ADD ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THIS SITE AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE AND UPDATED AND CHECK THIS SITE FOR ANY CHANGES.
Your Personal Information
Personal information about visitors to our sites is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How We Collect Personal Information
Information Collection and Use
Astute Business Coaching collects personally identifiable information when you register for a “Brian Duckworth” newsletter or free report or come to one of our events. Astute Business Coaching may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
Astute Business Coaching uses your information only for contacting you about specials, new products or events and any useful information about business building and marketing.
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- Respond to our newsletter, special offers or any other form
- Send us an email
- Ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists
- Apply for a job with us
- Make an enquiry about our services
- Visit our web site or
- Become a client or debtor of the company.
This is information provided by you and you provide most of the personal information directly to us and for a specific purpose. You are not obliged to provide any information to us, however the information you choose to give enables us to service your needs more adequately by providing our services and replies to your queries or requests for service.
Information that you provide us about yourself and about the types of property you may be interested in purchasing or leasing is treated with the strictest confidence. This information is securely stored and is only accessible by authorised employees of Astute Business Coaching and Geelong Business Services Pty Ltd who also ensure that your personal information is protected and safeguarded.
How we use the information we collect
Use of the information for a secondary purpose
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented or
- Where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way or
- Where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so. Astute Business Coaching will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Astute Business Coaching will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested
- We need to send the information to companies that work on behalf of Astute Business Coaching to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
These are bits of information that the web site puts on to your computer hard drive for tracking user navigation and customising web site information to improve user participation. Internet browsers are frequently already set to accept cookies. The cookies act as a memory for you and remembers details about you so you do not have to enter the same information over again every time you access the site. However you do not have to accept the cookies and you may opt out and refuse to have them transferred to your computer hard drive. You may also set your Internet browser to warn when cookies are being used. Further information is available from your internet browser provider if required.
Accessing Personal Information Held About You or Correcting Your Personal Information
You can also request that we let you know what personal information we hold about you or that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. You may contact us by fax on 1 800 779 451 or email us regarding your personal information held by us.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems. All information is protected by a security password system.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other sites
We provide links to Web sites outside of our web site, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website.
Astute Business Coaching takes your privacy seriously, which is why we have created the following policy for your protection and security. Please read it carefully. In general Astute Business Coaching will not share any of your user information with external parties.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your Account Information
You may unsubscribe from the information that is sent by Astute Business Coaching at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails we send to you.
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your person. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases.
Purchasing through Astute Business Coaching
Any items purchased from Astute Business Coaching are:
- Processed in Australian dollars
- All transactions are encrypted by a 128bit SSL certificate
- Orders are dispatched by Australia Post or Courier
- Product prices are all inclusive – there are no extra charges for shipping, handling, etc, anywhere in the world
- Goods can be sent to anywhere in the world, import taxes (if any) are the customers responsibility.
- Orders can expect to be received within 14 working days or longer if outside Australia. In the event that a product is out of stock, you (the customer), will be contacted within 3 working days.
Refund / Replacement of products (such as audio and DVD recordings and manuals) is offered up to 31 days from purchase (or if the product is found to be faulty), depending on the individual money back guarantee (money back guarantees can differ for each product). As long as goods are returned in good condition.
Refund of events and seminars – 100% Money Back No Risk Guarantee on “most” events (some events differ and this will be stated in the brochure on that event). The events where these 100% money back guarantees apply are events that are either one day or two consecutive days and are events that introduce you to our seminars, programs or information. We call these ‘public events’ and are not events that are ongoing graduate events. Ongoing graduate events are events that people generally enroll into from an introductory public event. Should you attend one of these public events or seminar and find that the event or information is not to your liking, then simply approach the Event Manager and request a refund prior to leaving the event. Refunds cannot be claimed once you have left the event. You must request a refund before the end of the 1st day of the event unless we specify otherwise. If you do not show up to an event without notifying us you will not be refunded. On public events within Australia (except for our advanced events) you may be entitled to a refund or transfer of monies to another event depending on the circumstances. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.